Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Marital harmony

How do you compromise in your marriage? I don't mean when you hold the purse while she looks at "one more" store. Um, not that I've ever done that. I mean the mutual decisions you've made that an outsider would view as prudent and considerate, if a bit odd.

I'll use an example from last night. I was watching the second half of the Monday Night Football game. I blogged about that experience a few minutes ago. I focused on my fantasy football team in that post. My "editor" reminded me of what else was going on at the time.

She had spent the past couple of hours trying to get a microphone to work on her laptop to complete some voiceover work. It was not successful. I put the game on mute while she played yoga music. I could say that yoga music is relaxing, but my way of saying it would be "makes me sleepy". I watched the game, not feeling at all that I was missing any special insight by the announcers, as she did Hold the Baby and Child's Pose.

The game ended and she was relaxed. I, on the other hand, needed a bit of Eastern influence to get over my Western sports angst.

No comments:

Post a Comment